The new $1.3 billion Toowoomba Hospital announced as part of the 2022/23 State Budget will be constructed over five years and is expected to open in the second half of 2027.
The vision for the Baillie Henderson Hospital campus will be an unrivalled health and knowledge precinct experience, centred around the new Toowoomba Hospital. The strikingly beautiful 75 hectare campus includes tree-lined spaces interconnected between heritage buildings, multidisciplinary health services, research, eduction, commercial, and community recreation spaces.
When completed the Toowoomba Hospital will deliver new and expanded health care services to the region to cater to its growing population.
Construction of the new hospital will deliver around 3,127 construction jobs, providing a significant boost to the local economy.
Early enabling works commenced in August 2022.
- Deliver 118 additional overnight beds
- Enhanced local access to services by the community
- Improved patient health outcomes, experience, and access to services
- Timely access to treatment and reduced need for patients to travel outside the region for care
- Improve staff retention and recruitment
- Opportunities for enhanced training and development of staff
The site will use the green and open spaces, heritage architecture, and views to inform scale and articulation of the build.
The new Hospital will be built with a focus on staff and patient movements, efficiency, ease of access and wayfinding.
Two campus model
The Toowoomba Hospital site will remain in the CBD of Toowoomba to support outpatient and day health services. Acute and overnight services will transition to the new Toowoomba Hospital
There will be opportunities throughout this project for you to have your say.