Rooms and services
Located near Warwick Hospital, The Oaks is a 40-bed nursing home made up of 4 wings surrounding a central core. There are 6 smaller common areas to relax in with your family and friends, or to enjoy the quiet with a cup of tea.
You will be offered a single room here at The Oaks.
- Excellent condition and well maintained
- Cleaned daily
- Room for a small TV and bar fridge
- Ensuite bathroom with non-slip vinyl on ensuite floor
- Built-in wardrobe with internal shelving and doors
- Beautiful built-up garden beds for you to walk in
- Library of books, magazines and CDs
- Common entertainment rooms
- Resident animals ranging from therapy dogs to chickens you can interact with.
- Palliative care
- Diversional therapy, such as music therapy, exercise therapy, craft and hobby activities
- A full-time recreation officer who offers one-on-one or group activities like indoor carpet bowls, bingo, card games, movies and day-time excursions
- BBQ facilities
- Undercover areas including pergolas, which can be used by family and friends
- Church services
Where to start
If you think it’s time to look into aged care homes, you’ll need to have an assessment. To find out how the assessment process works you can either:
Book a tour
If you’re interested in visiting and meeting our team, phone 07 4660 3511 to book a tour.
There may be some restrictions due to COVID-19 when visiting someone.
Visiting hours are generally from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week. Our residential aged care facility is your home, and visitors are welcomed and encouraged. You will need to sign the Visitor’s Register when you arrive and when you leave.
Visiting times outside of these normal hours can be arranged with the Director of Nursing or Facility Manager.
Plan your visit
Information to help you plan your visit to The Oaks Residential Aged Care Facility.
There's free parking at the front of The Oaks and near Warwick Hospital, including disabled parking.
There's a bus stop on Locke Street at the front of the hospital.
Food and drink
Infusion coffee shop is based at Warwick hospital. The café hours are Monday to Friday 8 am to 3 pm.
There's a vending machine near the pharmacy, and a drinks vending machine near the public toilets just down from the X-ray area within the main Warwick Hospital building.
Last updated: December 2022