Darling Downs Health mobile women’s health nurses are on the road, travelling to our rural locations to provide free and confidential health clinics.
Our mobile women’s health nurses, Barbara Milne, Kathy Anning and Marcia Hunt, offer a range of services include cervical screening tests, breast awareness, sexual health testing and advice for issues such as continence, menopause, family planning, contraception and general wellbeing.
Ms Barbara Milne, who travels west from Dalby, to Taroom in the north, and to Texas in the south, said women are often prioritising the health of others resulting in their own health being sidelined.
“It’s really important for the women in our communities to prioritise their health and wellbeing, and make time for regular check-ups and tests,”
Ms Kathy Anning, who covers the south-east region, said the mobile women’s health clinics are an easy, fuss-free way to ensure health tests are up-to-date.
“Our clinics are a great opportunity for women to seek help for anything that is concerning them,” Ms Anning said.
In 2017 changes were made to the cervical screening program, with women now needing a cervical screening test every five years instead of a pap test every two years.
Ms Marcia Hunt, who covers the north east region, said it’s important to get cervical screenings tests when they are due, as they are the best protection against cervical cancer.
“While the test is every five years, we really encourage women to book into our clinics if they have any concerns, or if something doesn’t feel right,” Ms Hunt said.
Upcoming clinics will be held at the following locations:
- 10 March, Jandowae Hospital, phone 4668 4555
- 14 March, Esk Hospital, phone 5424 4600
- 14 March, Tara Hospital, phone 4678 7900
- 15 March, Clifton Medical Centre, phone 4697 3097
- 16 March, Miles Hospital, phone 4628 5600
- 17 March, Stanthorpe Hospital, phone 4683 3460
- 18 March, Toowoomba BreastScreen, phone 4616 6809
- 18 March, Chinchilla Hospital, phone 4662 8888
- 21 March, Chinchilla Hospital, phone 4662 8888
- 23 March, Gatton Community Health Service, phone 5468 4188
- 24 March, Pittsworth Hospital, phone 4619 8422
- 25 March, Dalby Hospital, phone 4669 0517
- 28 March, Millmerran Hospital, phone 4695 3111
- 29 March, Oakey Hospital, phone 4691 4888
- 31 March, Inglewood Community Health, phone 4652 0777
- 1 April, Toowoomba BreastScreen, phone 4616 6809
- 4 April, Crows Nest Community Health Room, phone 4616 6809
- 4 April, Goomeri Community Health, phone 0408 762 170
- 4 April, Kilkivan Community Health, phone 0408 762 170
- 4 April, Tara Hospital, phone 4678 7900
- 5 April, Taabinga Family Practice, phone 4162 3116
- 6 April, Gatton Community Health Service, phone 5468 4188
- 6 April, Goondiwindi Hospital, phone 4578 2400
- 7 April, Blackbutt Community Centre, phone 0408 762 170